One more in the recent series from our guest contributors' recent Moroccan safari (previously here and here). They ended their trip in Fez, Morocco's second largest city after Casablanca, a UNESCO World Heritage site, home to the oldest continuously functioning university in the world (since 859), the University of Al-Karaouine, and one of the world's largest and most fascinating medinas.
Our thanks to our friends Carol and Bob for the photos this week.
Creating this week's HDR took several steps:
– changing the color temperature to reduce an overall bluish cast.
– extra work on that in the sky and on the ridge along the upper right.
– bringing the clouds back toward white.
– re-exposing at saving versions of the original at +2, +1, 0, -1, -2, -3 & -4 in Bridge, combining them in Photomatix Pro and tonemapping.
– bringing back a little yellow from the city lights.
– adding a faint vignette.
– introducing a layer of Gaussian blur on top the the working layer and fading it back to about 20 per cent.
– slightly cropping the top.
– de-noising the entire photo with Nik Software's Dfine.
Here are the original and the finished image side by side. Click 'em to make 'em bigger: