We've been a little scarce here at CS&W as we try to finish up some longer-form writing and get set for a trip to Rapa Nui that's about a month away. More on that as we get closer.
For now, here are ideas of interest from all over, if you're so inclined:
– Not long ago, my pal Rick Lewis moved to Cotacachi, Ecuador. He blogs about it at brokedownpalette.
– Alfred Molon, a Dane, has some 23,000 photos here, from much of the world.
– Albanian Tourism Project Puts Beds in Bunkers, from Der Spiegel.
– Kebabistan, a Eurasianet food blog, is worth a look.
– Update on the state of things in Ukraine, from Salon.
– The Enclaves and Counter-enclaves of Baarle, on the Dutch/Belgian border, from Big Think's Strange Maps.
– And you might have seen that the British have invaded nine out of ten countries, from an upcoming book.