A few links to quality weekend reading about places you’re probably not:
– On the outside looking in: A US American in Vietnam, from the Vietnamese newspaper VnExpress.
– The last king of Xinjiang by Paul French.
– Two articles about the new conflict between Uganda and Rwanda that’s not getting any better.
– ‘A Partial Freedom’: What Latvia Found in the KGB Archives.
– Armenia: Can post-revolution Yerevan get to grips with its informal architecture epidemic? With lots of photos.
– A Jordanian wildlife safari: The Refuge in the Desert.
– And finally, watch them make pizzas all day with this live webcam from a pizzeria in Bratislava.
See you next week.